Every year, the Florida Supervisors of Elections offers a scholarship opportunity for students who have finished two years of undergraduate work and are majoring in political science, public/business administration, or journalism/mass communications. This year, they will award three scholarships in the amount of $1,200 to students in Florida. The winning students are to be announced and recognized at the FSE Summer Conference in the summer of 2021.
Deadline to apply for this scholarship is March 26, 2021. Students who are registered to vote in Hillsborough County should submit their application to our office. We will select one finalist from Hillsborough County for consideration by the scholarship committee.
To be eligible for the FSE Scholarship the student applicant shall:
1. Be either a Political Science/Public or Business administration or Journalism/Mass Communication major.
2. Be a citizen of the United States.
3. Have been a bona fide resident of Florida for two years preceding the academic year for which an application is made.
4. Be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a senior college or university in Florida. No postgraduate or second-degree students.
5. Have finished two years of junior college or undergraduate work (enough credits for enrollment as a junior).
6. Submit two current letters of recommendation: One from the college or university last attended or graduated from; and one from a citizen of good standing in the community.
7. Submit a resume of your high school and/or college activities as well as what you have done for your community.
8. Demonstrate a financial need and furnish a financial statement, which shows what your own contribution is to your educational expenses. (Student does not have to submit an official form, can just send a statement of their financial need.)
9. Have maintained a “C” average or above for the previous year.
10. Be available for personal interview by the Supervisor of Elections in the county where you are registered to vote.
11. BE REGISTERED TO VOTE. (Written verification required by Supervisor submitting application where you are registered to vote.)
In addition, the student must:
- Apply in accordance with all eligibility requirements. (Failure to do so could result in non-consideration).
- Continue to meet all initial eligibility requirements.
- Maintain a “C” average or above.
- Remain in good standing at the institution.
Scholarship must be given to student attending a Florida university or college which is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
How to Apply
Review the Application Packet and mail all required items to:
Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections
Attn: Digna C. Alvarez
601 E. Kennedy Blvd., 16th Floor
Tampa, FL 33602
Email all items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for Applications: March 26, 2021 (must be received at Supervisor of Elections office by this date)
Presentation of Winners: Florida Supervisors of Elections Summer Conference 2021
If you have questions about any of the details on this page, contact Digna C. Alvarez at email@example.com.