All poll workers must complete online and in-class training, and plan to work at their polling place on Election Day from 6 a.m. until the last voter has voted, closing procedures have been completed, and you are dismissed by the clerk. Most poll workers will also help set up their polling place the day before the election. (Poll workers who help with set up receive a small additional stipend.)
The Clerk is in charge of the overall management of the tasks, activities and poll workers in the polling place. The Clerk ensures that order is maintained, policies and procedures are followed, and the election team performs its duties correctly on Election Day.
The Assistant Clerk assists the Clerk and is ready and available to serve as Clerk in the event the Clerk is unable to perform his or her duties. The Assistant Clerk uses an electronic poll book to verify voter information and communicates with the Supervisor of Elections Office to resolve voter eligibility issues.
An Inspector sets up and maintains our electronic poll books used for voter check-in and our DS200 ballot scanners/tabulators. They also rotate in position to check-in voters using an electronic poll book, issue ballots, instruct voters on where and how to mark and cast their ballot, and hand out our popular "I Voted" stickers.
A Deputy maintains order outside the polling place, assists in marking the no solicitation zone, ensures compliance with the no solicitation zone, and ensures that the polling room is accessible to all voters.
- Inspectors cover both Inspector and Deputy duties while working during Early Voting.
- Start times will vary, depending on the Early Voting schedule.
- Poll workers work until the final voter of the day has left and end of day duties are completed.
- Some Early Voting workers will be assigned to assist with setting up their site prior to the first day of Early Voting.
- All Early Voting poll workers assist with closing and packing up their site on the last day of Early Voting.
POLL WORKER PAY
|Early Voting hourly rate
Assistant Clerk: $14/hour
|Election Day lump sum
(lump sum includes online and in person training,
setup, and working Election Day)
Assistant Clerk: $325
We look forward to working with you! For more information, email the Poll Worker Department at PollWorker@hcsoe.org.