New! You can submit a voter registration application or update your voter information online.
Just click on the button to get started. Or scroll down for more information about registering to vote.
We hope that everyone who is eligible to vote will consider it both a privilege and a responsibility.
If you aren't already registered in Florida, you must register at least 29 days before an election to vote in that election.
You are eligible to register to vote in Florida if:
- you are a citizen of the United States of America
- you are a Florida resident
- you are at least 18 years old (you may pre-register to vote at the age of 16, but you cannot vote until you are 18 years old)
- you have not been adjudicated mentally incapacitated with respect to voting in Florida or any other state
- you have not been convicted of a felony, or have been convicted of a felony and had your civil rights restored
If you are registering to vote in Hillsborough County for the first time, click here.
If you want to see the registration information we have on file for you, check your voter registration status here.
If you've been convicted of a felony, you can find information about voting and civil rights restoration here.
It's very important that you keep your voter registration information current, especially your name, residential address and mailing address. If you're already registered to vote in Hillsborough County and would like to make changes to your voter registration information, click here.