Thank you for your interest in working the polls. We are not currently recruiting poll workers. We will begin recruiting poll workers again prior to the 2022 elections.
Our poll workers are trained individuals who are active voters, serving their community with pride. They interact well with the public and work well in stressful situations. If you would like to join our team and become an Election Day poll worker, please read through this section of our website carefully and familiarize yourself with the various poll worker positions and the training you will be expected to complete.
- Be a registered voter in Hillsborough County
- Read, write and speak the English language
- Be able to work a 14-hour day, with patience and courtesy to others
- Be able to lift 15 to 30 pounds
- Have an email address and access to a computer and the internet
- Have reliable transportation
- Successfully complete all training and assessments prior to each election
- Remain nonpartisan while at the polls
- Refrain from any comments or discussion concerning a voter, a voter’s party preference, a candidate, or issue, while working at the polls
- Abide by a no smoking policy on Election Day
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect at all times
- Understand as a poll worker you may not be assigned to work each election or assigned to the same precinct or position. You serve at will for the Supervisor of Elections
Poll workers are required by law to complete training prior to each election.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org